I have been so bored!! For the first time this summer I really considered going into school today and getting elbow-deep into all the school preparation I'm going to have to do next month. I was searching around for something to do, and if you've ever heard the verse"Ask and ye shall receive", someone heard me and next time, I'll be more careful about what I ask for.
It all started with going down to the basement to get a roll of toilet paper. Once I was down there, I got sidetracked and cleaned out the poor, neglected class pet's cage. Now that the students aren't around for the summer, the hedgehog really doesn't get much handling. But thankfully, it's a hedgehog. It could care less. Once finished, I reached for the TP and got a nasty handful of wet, sodden paper. I pulled up the bag and each of the 5 rolls left were dripping with water. I smelled it, and it wasn't cat pee (my worst nightmare), so I set about trying to discover the source of the flow. On the course of my search, I found more wetness in the way of a box full of wrapping paper ... now ruined. Even more wetness in a box of DVD's ... whose fuzzy, black, moldy covers I ripped off to save the plastic trays of DVD's inside. After trashing all of that stuff, I set about straightening the basement a little and found a paintbrush. I have been meaning to touch up the bathroom for a while, so I dragged out some paint and took 10 minutes to finish a job I've been putting off for almost a year. Success!
It's lunchtime, and I've actually been PRODUCTIVE!! Just after I typed that, I realize that I've spent about 10 minutes typing in a blog. How ironic. Yes, dear, yes ... you are SOO productive ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment