Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's ALIVE!!

I feel like the Frankenstein monster. This morning I had a small tumor removed from my forehead, and I have a few stitches and an increasingly uncomfortable headache. I didn't realize that they would actually CUT the thing out this morning. I assumed they would burn, freeze, or do anything other than cut, really. I must have paled when the doctor mentioned the word "stitches", because he said, "Oh, don't worry ... we'll numb the area and you won't feel a thing. For the next week, Tylenol ought to take care of the pain."

Well, I've taken 3 extra strength Tylenols today, with no obvious results.

As self-prescribed medication, I did take the dogs to Old Man's Cave this afternoon ... which probably didn't help. I should have waited until the Lidocane wore off, but I felt pretty good a few hours after the "surgery", so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything.

That should teach me. On the plus side, I did get some sweet pictures.



And my personal favorite, Cedar Falls:



There was no one there today, so it made me feel like I had the whole gorge to myself. Very cool. I recommend going in the winter .... it's breathtaking and you avoid the tourist-clogged trails. Just make sure you wear an extra pair of socks.

2 comments:

paul said...

nice pics

glad it all seemed to work out okay and everything went fine. If I would have known I would have called or offered to make dinner! Hope you are okay... do you need anything? Call me if you do. Seriously.

ls118003 said...

Thanks!! I feel much better today after a good night's sleep and some more Tylenol.