Sunday, February 10, 2008

*sigh*

I'm still breathing!

This quarter has been absolutely insane so far. I am trying to wrap up all my academic classwork this quarter, which is 24 credit hours. I'm dying. It's so hard .... I'm stressed all the time and everything is suffering because of it: my faith, the dogs, my running, my sanity, my schoolwork, and my friendships. I never see people because I have absolutely no time to "hang out" or do all the fun stuff that you do when you have stress-free free time. I only talk to my parents like once a week, which is a sharp decline from the every-other-day I would call before.

Speaking of parents, they came to church today. My brother is the "founding father" of a fraternity called Phi Kappa Psi that just got chartered yesterday (at a ceremony where the dinners were 40 bucks a plate ... for chicken, rice and green beans. Hah.), so they were in town for that. I've been talking about how awesome Central is for like 5 years now, so it's about time they came down for a visit. They were really impressed with how friendly it was, and how it seemed like everyone has a genuine hunger for God. Their church in Lima is very small (30ish regular attenders) and they tend to get in a spiritual "rut", so they said coming to church with me was like a breath of fresh air in their spiritual lives. Paul, they loved your sermon. Oh, and they thought Lydia was really cute too. ;)

So if I seem stressed and frazzled and like I'm ready to scream .... I am. But don't worry ... it's only 5 weeks. I just hope that I come out with my sanity intact.