Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blech

So I started my student teaching a little over a week ago, and it's been fairly boring thus far. I've been grading, grading, grading, and occasionally running errands for my cooperating teacher. Fun?? Mmmmm, not really my idea of a good time, but getting into a regular schedule where I'm done at 3 every day is awesome. Even though I have to get up at 5:45, I'm a morning person so it doesn't bother me too much.

People told me I'd probably get sick from being exposed to all the germies that kids leave in the classroom. I didn't really believe them until I realized after waking up from a nap yesterday that I had a small fever and chills. I took some tylenol around 5:00 and passed out ... until almost 9. Then, I ate dinner, took Riley on a walk, and went to bed before 11.

I feel better ... the fever only got up to 100.2, so hopefully that is as bad as it gets this quarter. I haven't been really sick in a long time, so I'm hoping that I just "almost" get sick and then it goes away with some sleep and Tylenol. I'd be OK with that. A lot of kids have been out these past 2 weeks with strep throat, so I'm hoping that bypasses me.

I hope everyone is out enjoying the weather today! I took my newly rested body and Riley on a walk on the bike path this afternoon and it was glorious. I hope you get to spend at least a little bit of time outside, because it's supposed to rain for the next few days. So STOP READING THIS and GET OUTSIDE!

No comments: