Tuesday, April 1, 2008

RIP Scott

I found out today that one of my old friends from middle school and high school committed suicide on Saturday. He was one of my favorite people from Lima. He was the only white guy I know who could sport an 8 inch afro and not look like a tool. He was a talented musician and had started working at an audio production company in Bowling Green, where he graduated from in June. My favorite memories of him are from 5th and 6th grade recess, playing 4-square every single day. We developed a killer move where you shout "FUNIONS!!" at the top of your lungs and slam the ball down as hard as you can in any direction. People couldn't recover from that.

He just got married in August, but the obituary in the paper today didn't mention anything about his wife. I am just going on assumptions here, but that may have had something to do with it.

It's tragic. I was thinking about it when I found out and I can't remember a single time that I've ever been SO depressed that things just seemed impossible and hopeless.

He will be missed.

2 comments:

paul said...

Sorry. You may remember that my best friend in HS committed suicide. Suicide is a strange thing. We it's hard to understanding it looking from the outside... but to those going through the depression, it's hard to see much else. May your memories be rich and good ones.

Sarah said...

Ah, I'm so sorry.