Howdy, folks. I haven't been very good about writing, and will probably continue to suck. I feel like there should be some earth-shattering news or "eureka" moment in my life for me to write about, but alas .... there is none. I just feel like if I don't write in this blog every once in a while I'll forget it even exists.
I've given out my first detentions, written my first Saturday schools, eaten my first "bonus point" cupcake from a student, had the first open house, my first professional development day, and my very first paycheck. I'm fully independent and it's wonderful ... but I'm living from day to day.
Morning:
Rise and shine at 5:20.
Get to school by 6:15
School starts at 7:30, ends at 2:30
Get home by 5 (hopefully)
Eat dinner and potentially run
Spend the rest of the night in my comfy armchair grading papers by 6:45.
Phone with Adam at 9 and bedtime at 10pm.
I work for probably close to 14 hours a day. I'm at school for at least 10, and work on stuff in the evening for at least 3 or 4. It'd ridiculous ... at first I was completely overwhelemed, but now I'm getting used to it. I hope next year is easier or I'm getting into a different line of work. Adam gets paid for his overtime ... I wish I did, and I might feel like this was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, stranger! Well, there are one-week-old Border Collie puppies at the barn. You cannot BELIEVE how cute they are! Three boys and two girls, black and white... Jill is a perfect mom, lets everyone play with them. They are noisy and fat, like piglets. You can see one picture at Marti's web site, http://www.twelvepinestable.com under the Border Collies section. I'm sure she'll be posting more as they grow.
Post a Comment