Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ouch (again)

I cannot stay injury-free, I swear.

I was riding my road bike last night and I was almost done working out. I'd been riding for like an hour and 20 minutes, and I was literally pulling into the bottom of my driveway at a pretty good clip. Our driveway is on a big hill and on my way back in I like to see if I can get going fast enough so I don't have to pedal until I'm almost all the way to the top of the driveway.

I was getting pretty good speed, and I went to turn into the bottom of the driveway and hit a rock or something, because the bike basically stopped and I went up over the handlebars.

I almost made it the entire way up the drive. Too bad I wasn't on my bike.

I got inside and was completely shaken up, and went to go clean out all the gravel and sand from my skin, when I started to see little black dots all over my field of vision. My body started to feel all tingly, so I had to go lay down in the middle of the living room floor for about 15 minutes before the world stopped spinning. There wasn't anyone home, so I'm glad I didn't pass out because the first thing they would have seen when they walked through the door is a bleeding Laura, in her bike shorts, passed out in the middle of the floor. With a professor recently murdered less than 400 yards away from our house, I think it would have been a frightening sight.

I ate a banana and drank some water and now I feel better.

I have some pretty wicked road rash on my shoulder/arm/knee. It really hurts, and I think I might have sprained my shoulder or something because I can't lift my arm up over my shoulder without making a painful face.

I'm just glad I didn't hit my head, as I wasn't wearing a helmet. Obviously I'm a moron, so I won't be riding my road bike until I can afford to buy a helmet. Hopefully soon.

I'm sore. Blah.

1 comment:

phiny said...

oy-

nothing like gravel in your legs and face, and hands.......