Sunday, April 8, 2007

I'm a sucker for a wiggly butt

So I guess this title needs some explanation, considering not all people know that I'm in love with Australian Shepherds. It's a breed of dog that may or may not be the greatest breed ever created. They come in all colors of the rainbow with enough energy to keep a marathon runner more than satisfied with their 4-legging jogging partner. The are intelligent, loving, loyal, obedient (if you can manage to prove to them you're worth listening to ... they are smart enough to tell the difference), and best of all ... have the best wiggly butt ever.
Traditionally they have their tails docked, so when they're happy their body contorts into a "U" of joy that would make any yoga master jealous. I am fostering an Aussie right now who has a full tail, and it is glorious. Tail or not, they are the best looking dogs around.
I have two aussies ... one is Riley, who is the perfect dog for me. He is my little shadow and sticks to me like glue. He weighs about 50 pounds and lives for the moment when I start lacing up my Mizunos. I've had him for 6 years now, and he is basically my entire life and he knows it. He is smarter than a lot of people I know ... almost like a little monk trapped in a dog's body. He is gorgeous ... light red with caramel points and a 4 inch stubby tail that when fully engaged puts a hummingbird's wingspeed to shame.
Copper is another red aussie I'm fostering, who is going to be about 65 pounds when he's done filling out. He's been abused and starved, but he is a big lover with a magnificent full tail and deep mahogany fur. He likes belly rubs, long walks in the woods, and trying to steal your socks. He is a great dog and I'm going to cry my eyeballs out when he finds his forever home.
As you can tell, I love dogs.
That's all you really need to know about me. Honest. I love my family, my friends, my God and my animals. Plants too.
Oh. I'm in college in Appalachia and loving every second of it. I love where I'm at in my life right now, and at 22, I'd say that I'm fully content with where my life is heading. I know God has great plans for me and I'm content to watch them unfold.
Peace.

1 comment:

Buddah Pest said...

And this is just part of why I fell in love with you