I am woman. My body is a temple .... so get down on your knees and PRAY!!!!
Just kidding. But seriously ... I feel empowered today.
With how sick and tired I've felt lately, the past few days have been pretty good as far as me feeling motivated and getting things done. Yesterday I got our ancient mower working that hasn't worked for 3 years (don't ask me what I did ... I noticed some things were loose and busted out the tool kit and tightened some random screws, fed it some gas and tried starting it about a million times before it finally kicked on, so it wasn't like I have some innate mechanical skills). I mowed the back yard yesterday before I went into work, and today I mowed part of the front yard before one of the back wheels on the mower fell off. I again used the tool kit my father so lovingly gave me, and had the wheel back on in a short time, only to notice that the plastic around the screw had cracked, so it was pointless to tighten up, because it would just keep breaking and falling off.
Zach busted out his mower and finished the rest of the yard for me while I hung out with Kevin for a while. I think that's the first productive thing I've seen him do all summer. I think he felt un-manly since I had 3/4 of the yard mowed with a ridiculously non-functional mower before he was even out of bed. I was grateful.
I just finished re-lighting the randomly snuffed pilot lights on our stove and oven, which I had to dig for. I didn't know the top of the range pops off to reveal pilots underneath. Eureka! I'm telling you ... between the crappy house I lived in last year and the problems we have with this house this year, I'm learning quite a lot about house maintenance and how to handle basic problems. I love it. I feel like a functional adult now.
I also know how to change my own oil, filter, and air filter in my car. Hooo-ah. Thanks to Kevin and the Transformation Station for that one.
Rawr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Need an update! Feel unupdated!
~Always~
Post a Comment