Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ouch!!

I know this is nothing compared to Paul's injury, but my knee hurts!

I fell while I was trail running this morning and scraped up my knee, my side, my palm, stubbed my big toe, and injured my pride.

I was too lazy to put in my contacts this morning, so I guess that proves that even though I've run that particular trail about 100 times, I still need to see in order to avoid the rocks in the middle of the trail. Lesson learned.

Working 8.5 hours at Kroger tonight ought to be fun. Last night was ridiculously slow, and I am starting to hate working there again. The few customers that did come in were ones that I have always had difficulty with in the past. I hate feeling dread when I notice certain people unloading their food on my belt, but it seems that there is just a breed of humans for whom nothing ever works out and nothing you do ever seems to be friendly or fast or efficient enough. I didn't realize there was such a large population of those people in the world until I started working at Kroger.

I have definitely learned to practice patience, grace, and good old-fashioned "if you can't say anything nice" ...

4 comments:

paul said...

sorry about your knee. any injury hurt!

Sarah said...

Yikes! At least you didn't fall over a dog. :P

ls118003 said...

Yeah, although I think the dogs fell over me after I somersaulted across the trail! I wish I was hairy so I had more padding ...

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.