Thursday, November 29, 2007

I finally have sweet New Year's Eve plans! I'm going to Buffalo, NY with Mr. Miami to visit his best friend Andy. Andy's fiance will be there and she suggested we all go out for New Year's Eve, which sounds like a lot of fun.

That just leaves me wondering, "Will my wardrobe of jeans and hoodies be sufficient?"

The answer: a big, fat "NO!!!"

I was cruising online to find something cheap and nice, and came across this picture:


Now, not only are the sequined tops hideous and unflattering, but the model looks as if she hasn't eaten anything of substance for about 3 years. I mean, seriously ... this picture is from a site called "edresseme", which is a fairly well-known shopping site on the internet. You'd think they would be able to pay their models well enough so they could actually buy food for themselves. It's sickening.

Seeing pictures like this strikes me right down to the soul. I struggled with my self-image for a long time, and I dropped a ton of weight over the course of several months a few years ago. I was only a few pounds away from looking like the blonde bean pole above, and looking back at pictures I'm forever grateful I had people around me who weren't afraid to tell me that God didn't want me to look like a 12 year old boy for the rest of my life, even though I thought otherwise.

Being feminine isn't about dress size. It's about strength, wisdom, beauty and femininity.

When God was creating the world, it was no mistake that each day he created something more glorious than the last. The world, plants, animals, Adam ... and finally, Eve. Creation wasn't complete until Eve came into the picture.

Eve isn't the crowning glory of creation so people can tell her that if she were only a few sizes smaller, she'd be perfect. She's perfect now.

1 comment:

paul said...

What a great post! I haven't checked your blog as much as I can't RSS feed it... and I'm missing some good stuff.

Mr Miami. Love it.