Well, I have good news.
I'll be in Athens over the summer! I found out that the people that leased my house for next year actually do need a subleaser, and although the rent will be split between 2 people instead of 3 (aka an extra 120 dollars a month) I'll only be there for 2 months so it won't be a big deal. I'm pumped.
I love Athens over the summer and was really bummed that I didn't think I'd be able to stay here. I don't know why I was so worried, but I think I'm having a hard time getting out of the "sad" rut I was in during the winter quarter. Luckily, today the sun is out, and I'm at Donkey killing time until I meet my cooperating teacher for student teaching. It feels nice knowing that I don't have worry about my future for at least another few months. I'll probably start applying for teaching jobs here within the next few months.
I've had several offers from community members to room in their house until I can find a place of my own and stay in Athens forever, and I appreciate the thoughts but have no desire to live in a basement my first year of teaching. I guess I'll just see where this road takes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Forget the basement! We have a whole garage you could live in!
Hah! As long as I don't have to share that mattress with Mulder and Kessel, I'll think about it!
Post a Comment