To preface this entry, I have been feeling like crap lately. Things haven't been working out like I thought they would (I have felt very selfish lately, basically) and it's been a supremely frustrating week for my bank account.
This morning, it was pouring ... and I had an unexplainable desire to go running. I was burning to lace up my mizunos.
So I did ... I got into my car with the dogs (I can never go without them!) and on my way down to the bike path it slowly stopped raining. I got out of the car, and the sun started shining! It was humid and disgusting running weather, but we were all enjoying ourselves regardless.
And then ... it happened.
I saw an INDIGO BUNTING! My first (and probably only) one of the year!!
Right after the bunting, I saw an electric yellow finch. Then, I saw a ruby red cardinal. I don't know if it was the light or what, but these birds all seemed to GLOW with their rich, primary colors.
It was so cool.
I've been back for about 20 minutes, and it's starting to get overcast again. I am happy ... I finally saw my bunting. Perfect timing!! Imagine that .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I saw one today driving to northwest Ohio and thought of you and what you had posted awhile back about wanting to see one. I'm glad you did! Their color is amazing!
Be happy you can go out and run! Sitting here I have to look up one on the internet. :O)
blessings, sis.
Post a Comment