Well, it finally happened. "Third time is a charm" or so they say, and it proved to be true this time.
The first few times Riley and Copper got into fights, I didn't get injured. Covered in dog blood and hair and saliva: sure, but I came away without anything to show for it.
It's ironic that like 5 hours after I finished crying because a woman is very serious about adopting Copper, he and Riley get into a massive fight when I'm getting ready for bed. I waded right in like I usually do and wrapped my legs around Copper to restrain him, and I was just reaching for Copper's collar when Riley lunged for Copper one last time and nailed my hand.
He didn't break the skin, but it still really freakin' hurt. As soon as he bit me you could tell he knew because he crouched down on the ground really low and his pupils dilated and his eyeballs bulged out of his head and he just froze. It was completely a deer-in-the-headlights look like he didn't have any idea what had just happened.
I was so mad.
On a brighter note, he didn't break the skin, but it looks like I had a golf ball implanted on the top of my left hand from all the swelling. I can't grip a whole lot right now, but I'm right handed anyway so it's not too much of a hindrance. Except my right hand has carpal tunnel which conveniently flared up after VBS last night.
Stupid dogs.
I might need to take the night off from VBS since a girl who can't use her hands is probably pretty pointless in regards to Recreation. Besides, Sharon has everything completely and totally under control ... I felt pretty unnecessary last night, honestly.
Paul, between your leg and my bum hands, I think we could make a good team. I'll walk around for you and fetch things, and you can use your hands to open the jar of peanut butter that has been my challenge all morning. I love peanut butter and I can't get the stupid thing open!! I haven't gone a morning without eating peanut butter for like 5 years!
This is torture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Deal. I would come over, but can't. So you bring the jar over here and I will open it.
Sorry you were hurt. That sucks.
Post a Comment