Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Doggy Hell

Staying at Pat's house has been nice at times. I won't be completely negative. It's quiet, the morning walks are peaceful, and her dogs are mostly friendly ... but since I started on Friday, each morning I wake up and wonder if I've somehow been transported straight to dog sitting hell while I was sleeping during the night.

Each morning, I have gone downstairs to discover either A) vomit B) doggy diarrhea C) both D) pieces of something that used to be mine laying all over the floor.

This morning was great ... I woke up at 5:30 and let both dogs out to ensure that there would be absolutely no accidents on the floor. There weren't! Hurrah!! Then I went back to MY house to get ready for class, and I walked in to discover my roomie's puppy alone in the house with the entire contents of the recycling bin dragged into the living room, soggy with saliva. As I cleaned that up, I noticed that the cord to my surround sound system was disconnected from the speakers. In about 10 different places. It looked as if a hungry gerbil had marked off 6 inch segments of the cord and decided that we really don't need a back speaker, so I'll just dispose of the cord for you.

I put all the dogs outside, laid down in the middle of our living room floor, covered my head with my hands and listened to the word, "why?!?!!" bounce around inside my head.

No comments: