Friday, September 21, 2007

23

When I was a freshman, I remember that 23 sounded SO old. I thought for sure that when I was 23, I'd be graduated, have a job, be making real money, in love with the man of my dreams, etc. Only one of those is true ... I work at Kroger. Don't make real money, haven't graduated, have no idea if I've met the man of my dreams or not, and still feel like a little girl most of the time.

Yesterday was like every day of the rest of my life. My roomie and her boyfriend took me out to dinner (Purple Chopstix ... mmmmmm) and we went out for margaritas afterwards. It was low-key, fun and unplanned, all of which make it a winner in my book. We got back here and for some reason I was exhausted, so I just crashed on my bed and fell asleep at like 10pm. But, it was my birthday ... I figure I can spend the last 2 hours of it like I want to!

I just think it's funny how you can picture yourself and where you'll be in your life several years from now. For instance ... at this time next year, I won't be graduated either ... I'll be student teaching! I still won't have a job, won't be making real money, and (probably) won't have met the man of my dreams. Things aren't happening as fast as I thought they would in my life, which I'm grateful for. I love Athens and want to stay here as long as possible, although it would be nice to stay without racking up another couple thousand dollars in debt every few months. That's getting pretty old.

Back to bed for a few minutes!

No comments: