Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My car

Well, I took the car in to Alvis Auto this morning, and had them check over everything. It wouldn't start yesterday morning, as it doesn't sometimes when the weather is damp. Every few months I stick the key in and turn the ignition, and it chugs and chugs and chugs and just won't fire or turn over or whatever.

So they called me while I was in class this morning and when I called them back, they said it was the spark plugs. As a matter of fact, the car is almost 10 years old and they don't think the spark plugs have EVER been changed.

Now, I've taken this car to Athens Auto at least 3-4 times for this very problem, and at one point about a year to a year and a half ago, they told me they REPLACED the spark plugs. Unfortunately, I searched all over this morning and can't find the bill where Athens Auto documented the spark plug change, and they said they don't keep records for more than a year. Soooooo, I can't figure out which repair place is not telling the truth, but Alvis Auto is cheaper and faster so I have a feeling I will be a regular there from now on. Sorry Steve ... the "girl with the blue Grand Am" is switching horses.

At least it was a cheap fix. And my car runs. For now. *knock on wood*

3 comments:

phiny said...

now all you need is another seatbelt =-]

paul said...

[insert cheer of a 3-year-old]

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.