Friday, September 28, 2007

Weird entry

I am dogsitting out at Pat's right now, and she lives wayyyy out in Athens on roads that don't really have names, only numbers. I went running this morning with my faithful Riley in tow. The rain last night really cooled things off and the morning was just perfect for a jog out in the country.

We ran by a ton of empty fields and run-down farmhouses, and after about 20 minutes we got to a field with cows munching on a round bale. Some were finishing up the feed in the trough, and they all raised their heads to watch us run by. This is going to be an odd thing to say, but I really miss the smell of livestock. It reminds me of horses ... as we were running by, I got a whiff of sweet feed and hay, and it made me miss being around horses so much it was almost a physical ache.

It's a good thing Sarah and I are going to a horse show this weekend, although there is a general rule that you never go to the grocery store when you're hungry, because you come back with way more food than what you originally went in for. I have a feeling there will be some thoroughbred rescue organizations in New Albany, and the ridiculous temptation to own another horse is going to kill me.

I'm going to see if I can find a picture of the little thoroughbred guy that I used to have. He was so sweet ... almost like a big overgrown dog.




So my form isn't exactly stellar, but I learned how to jump on that little guy. I am forever grateful to him for not throwing my unbalanced butt off after a bad landing.

Anyway, in summary, I miss horses. Too bad I actually have a place to keep one now, a year too late. =(

Sad face to the max.

No comments: