I finally worked a shift at Kroger and felt competent behind the register! I was not calling Customer Service every 15 minutes, nor was I dropping money, hitting wrong buttons or making people wait in line for 20 minutes while I figured out what the PLU number for leek was. It was nice. Annnnnnnnnnnnd I got a sweet Kroger Cashier smock. A symbol of my rising Kroger status, surely.
I work again from 3:30 to midnight today, so I will have plenty of practice with coupons, WIC, and food stamps.
Here are all the produce codes I have memorized after 3 register shifts:
Bananas: 4011
Tomatoes on the vine: 4664
Cantaloupe: 4050
Cilantro: 4889
Celery: 4070
Broccoli Crowns: 3082
Red Grapes: 4499
Romaine Lettuce: 4064
Gala Apples: 4174
Regular ol' tomatoes: 4799
Cabbage: 4069
Kroger Deli Bagels: 2502
Kroger Deli Doughnuts: 2505
Romaine Lettuce: 4064
Avocados: 4225
And if it's organic, add a 9 in front of the 4 digit PLU code.
There are hundreds of these friggin' codes to memorize ... there are 4 different watermelon codes alone, so I have a feeling that as long as I'm employed at Kroger this will be a continuing process.
I'm proud of my progress thus far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always thought that would be hard. Whenever I go through the Kroger checkout and a "seasoned" person has my codes memorized, I'm always impressed.
Hey, might see you there tonight... I have some shopping to do.
Post a Comment