Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tony Campolo

All of you reading this should plan on going to see Tony Campolo speak on Thursday night. He is speaking at 7:30 at the Methodist church on College street, and I am going to get there early to make sure I have a seat. I invited a manager from work and I'm planning on inviting my brother, although I doubt he'll want to come. It's worth a shot! The topic is "Jesus' Vision for Us" so it should be a good one for believers and non-believers alike.

I am truly pumped.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yee-haw!

Jennifer said...

I found your blog through Paul. The only thing I know about Tony Campolo is that when he came to speak at Taylor, my alma mater, he said something theologically iffy and one of the students in the audience, the son of one of my philosophy profs, stood up to challenge him right then and there, in the middle of his talk.

I deeply regret that I missed that Chapel.

I have a feeling my prof went around all day pretending to disapprove of what his son did, but secretly a bit pleased to know his son could recognize bad theology and was so passionate about it as to make a scene.

I'm not sure I really have time tonight to go, but I may go anyway. It may be quite interesting.

ls118003 said...

I definitely enjoyed the talk by Tony Campolo ... he had a lot of interesting things to say. He definitely has an 'edge' to him, and isn't afraid to call Christians out on our shortcomings. It is uncomfortable and wonderful at the same time.