Ok ... I hope you're all sitting down .... I'm about to tell you my deepest, darkest sin.
I like NASCAR.
Ok ... pick yourselves up and brush off your clothes ... I'm being serious. Ask me about my favorite driver. I dare you.
On that note, I was listening to the radio this morning and Bob and Sheri were asking people to call in and describe "the craziest thing they've ever seen at a NASCAR race".
Someone called in and said they found a wad of $1,200 dollars without a wallet or ID, so they kept it. I don't want to stereotype, but it is surprising to me to find 1.2k at a NASCAR track. Then again, I'd take no matter where someone dropped it. How could you turn something like that in? If there isn't an ID or wallet, how are you supposed to find its owner out of tens of thousands of people? The person who found it said that they donated 600 of it to a Catholic charity and spent the rest of it. Whether that is true, I don't know. It would be nice to think that they actually did donate some of it.
The next girl called in and said that her church group works the tram system at NASCAR in order to raise money for their missions trips. She hates NASCAR. Over and over, she said how working the trams was the most miserable thing she's ever done because the people are gross and NASCAR is stupid anyway, so she came up with ways to amuse herself. She would wait until everyone had loaded the tram (after they'd been standing in a 100 degree grass field for several hours, waiting in line) and then proceed to tell them that the stadium had JUST run out of beer and there was none left in the entire park, or that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. had come up with some technical difficulties and wouldn't be able to race that day.
I think this girl has a death wish. She is yanking the chain of sweaty, hot, irritable, beer-thirsty rednecks who will no doubt take a bullet for Jr. Clearly she isn't the brightest girl in the world. And clearly, she needs a lesson about Christian love and grace. What a great ambassador for Christian conduct.
Anyway, Kroger time! I hope we have power today. Yesterday was a zoo. I'm surprised people didn't start looting the Ben and Jerry's cooler when the power went out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay, I'll ask. Who is your favorite driver? (Please, anyone but Jeff Gordon!)
My guess - Casey Kahne.
And here, my friend, is where our paths diverge....
Oh, and Paul has a song you should hear.
HOLY COW ... Jim how did you know??? Could it be that he looks like a Calvin Klein model instead of a Dodge-driving winning machine?
=)
I also really like Carl Edwards ... but as far as the older guys go, I'm Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace all the way.
LOL
Somehow I just knew!
Post a Comment