Friday, May 4, 2007

I went Krogering

Another night of endless fun at the only decent grocery establishment in Athens.
I found out one of my favorite people to work with got fired for letting customers use is Kroger plus card when they had forgotten theirs. You may think this is stupid, but since you rack up gas points for every dollar you spend, he was getting thousands and thousands of dollars in other people's gas points, and getting almost 50 cents off a gallon.
Pretty sweet deal for him, and great for the customers, except management didn't think it was so hot.
I took the dogs trail running today ... I wish I had time to do that every day. Running on the pavement just doesn't compare to running in the woods. Trail running is way more intense, but the time goes by so much faster and you can't beat the scenery. The best part about trail running during this time of the year is that it never looks the same no matter how often you go. I am going again tomorrow, and I bet you anything there will be at least 3 wildflower species I didn't notice today. Different trees will be flowering, and different bugs will be flying into my eyeballs.
The only gross thing about running in the woods (besides the sweat, dirt, ticks, spiders and other nasties) is the spiderwebs you run into with your face. It's a very disgusting feeling to be sweaty and run straight into something invisible and sticky and have it attach to your eyelashes. Ugh.
It's totally worth it though. I promise.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes, I should do this on purpose sometime. Also, if you feel like planting anything this weekend, let me know. I have a whole sidewalk to decorate with petunias (and maybe a few other things).