This house feels like home already. It took me a while to get used to the place I was living in last year, but I think since I spent so much time at this house last year with the previous tenants, it already feels like I've lived here forever. It just so happens that most of my furniture matches the woodwork of the living room, so it is going to look really put-together once we get all the cardboard boxes out of the way!!
My bedroom is awesome ... I will have to have people over for ice cream or something at some point, because we have a back patio and a fenced in yard (all dogs welcome!), and it would be a waste not to have people over to enjoy it!
My new awesome roommate Kaitlin and I planted a little flower garden in front of the house yesterday. We went to Lowe's and bought some daylilies, black-eyed-susans, and some celosia ... I don't want to toot my own horn, but it actually looks like real people live here now. Just don't look in the garage .... the mattresses, boxes, and bikes will give it away that there are a bunch of poor college kids living here.
I took out the trash this morning and sorted the recycling, and I got genuinely THANKED for it! I think this is the first time in 2 years I have taken the trash out and been appreciated for doing it. It feels so good. It seems that in ever house I live in, I become the unofficial trash person, and I don't mind doing it as long as it doesn't get taken for granted ... which always ends up happening. My old roomie left a broken mattress and box springs by our old trash can yesterday at the old house for me to take down the hill ... and I didn't do it. I got back to the new house, emailed him and told him that it is his personal responsibility to remove something that big because we'll get fined for it ... and this morning, it's not there anymore! I don't know what he did with it, but it doesn't matter .... I don't have to deal with it! Woo hoo!!
One thing I really need to work on is standing up for myself when I know I'm being used. I'm getting a lot better about it, but I'm still not very good at speaking up and telling people in a loving way that they are being a crappy friend. I suppose that's just a trait that I will need to continually work on, because it sure isn't going to happen overnight.
Back to bed! I feel a nap is in order, and I'm taking advantage of sleeping dogs to catch some Z's myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you have a really cool new house. Hope you have fun with it! I totally understand how it's hard to tell people that there is anything you find annoying with them. Especially some people, who take it as an insult when they ask you if thier hair looks okay and you say no, actually, because it doesn't. But I'm rambling again.
~Always~
Post a Comment