Sunday, June 24, 2007

JIM: This is important

... to me, anyway. Rob wants to be taken out for coffee (aka ice cream, since he doesn't drink coffee)!!!!!!

He mentioned tonight that he thought that was a really cool way to get connected, and I was like reeeeeeeeally .... so if I set something up you wouldn't complain about it? He said no, as a matter of fact, he would enjoy it.

So there you go! I have his phone number, so if you want it just give me a call and I'll give it to you.

I don't know why I'm so intent on getting him connected at Central, but tonight he asked me if he could come to my small group (which is basically for people involved in Children's church), and since we aren't really operational in the summer I told him the next best thing would be to get coffee with Jim!

I am feeling very, very pushed to get him connected ASAP. I don't know why, but God's hints aren't to be ignored and His ways are a mystery to me, so I'm sure it's all for the good ... whether it's because of something Rob is struggling with in his own life or something else he needs to be connected for, but it's important to me and I believe it's for the good of the body.

So yeah. Enough babbling. I'm just excited.

The End.

2 comments:

JC said...

Laura,

First that is great that Rob is open to meeting and YES I'm all for getting together this week. E-mail me your phone number so we can talk and I'll call him this week. (You can link to my email through Central's website). I was making my way over to say hello yesterday and actually met another new couple who have been coming for two weeks now. They also want to have coffee so I am meeting with them this week.

ls118003 said...

Will do!