Well, basically, if I take any of the security deposit that isn't my third, I'm stealing. It isn't my money to take, and I can't take it in good conscience and know that I did the right thing.
I think I'm going to combine the advice from several different people.
My mom: "Depending on if you want to still be friends with both of them, I would take the high road and give them back their portion of the deposit, but make them physically pick it up from you...that will be annoying (and maybe embarrassing) for them, and why should you spend money on stamps for assholes?"
Which is true, since I've spent upwards of 15 dollars on stamps for bills this year since I am the only one who managed to send those out every month. She also said that if they really want it sent to their houses, I should subtract an hourly wage from the deposit for the 4 hours I spent cleaning 4 Ellis. I didn't think that was unreasonable.
Sarah: "Sigh.... Solicited advice: Show grace, but let them know you're upset. If they want to act like children, you can respond as such. Write them separate e-mails containing the following:
1) Express yourself. Ex. "I'm furious that I had to clean the whole house by myself after I asked you guys to help."
2) State your expectations. Ex. "I expected my request would be taken seriously."
3) Let them know how to make amends. (This is the grace part....) Ex. "I want our relationship to continue on good terms. You are important to me and I am telling you how upset I am because we are friends. An apology is appreciated."
Of course this is what I need to do. Ugh. I don't want to do it, but I have to. Both of the jerks I lived with need a really good lesson in Christian love, and I guess this is my chance to give them an example of how someone lovingly handles a bad situation without letting themselves get run over by inconsiderate jerks.
The only problem is, no matter what I do, Brandi will always find a way to make me the villain in here mind, because she's always the victim. I found out last night that although she went to Columbus yesterday, her boyfriend was supposed to clean the house for her. It isn't his responsibility! I told him not to worry about it because it's already done. Just another example of her using people and manipulating people who love her. Noah just won't care that he made my life inconvenient, so I'm very thankful that I have real friends who honestly care about my time and feelings, and an awesome new house mate who appreciates the trash being taken out.
I'm in a better mood this morning, but I feel like I have a hangover. Maybe it's an emotional hangover. =) I need to take some B12 and drink some hot tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you are right. I think you have taken the best of the advice, and I don't know if I could do what you have done.
One more thing. I have noticed lately you have used a lot more bad words in your posts... It makes me sad. I love reading your blog!
~Always~
So basically it's okay to call someone who needs the love a Jesus a whore and a bitch because she bugs the shit out of you but it is not okay to take the pittance of material wealth left by that person during her activity of disrespect and dismissal of you as a person because that is stealing? I think John said that to denigrate others is akin to murder, whereas Jesus said that the hungry must steal, let them. I think the hypocrisy is amusing.
that would be referring to the hypocrisy of your choices, not of the scriptural accounts of truth governing human behaviors
Well, thanks for calling out my hypocrisy. I guess that is something I need to work on.
Post a Comment